Firefall Beta Feedback

How can we make Firefall a better game?

I think you should... (one suggestion per idea)

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. decay is too draconian , items need to be repairable , give us createable , repair kits and allow engineers to repair gear also for crystite

i feel , again that to make our recently created items un-repairable( you call it irrepairable) is ridiculous and hostile to players. it needs to be changed and reconsidered. otherwise you are taking all our effort to better our avatars and telling us that it is futile to even try because your time is spent on creating those items is futility and by extension why even play this Firefall if it is going to be this frustrating and experience. the game has much to offer , but this is a key issue and an achilles heal , if you make…

206 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Professions should give you more bonus, less restrictions.

At the moment, players are penalized by the profession system, and it has done nothing good to the economy either.

I suggest a system that have a just small restriction, and better incentive to specialize.

*Everyone has acess to all recipes;

*You can only use special optional components (like Fire Gland) in your own profession items. (Stabilization and Reinforcements not included)

*Research in your profession tree cost 30% less;

*Crafting time in your profession items take 30% less time.

*Crafting prices in your profession items cost 30% less crystite.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. whats with the profession changing cost

the fact that i had to reserch an item and then make it was all good but now after the patch i have to pay 5000 crystite just to change profession, then to research my item and then make it. this was ok but after i then discovered that the price for profession change was increased 25,000 crystite i was shocked and left with anger with the game. please take this out, or at least make it 5000 crystite not 25,000

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the Chosen a real threat

As things stand now, the Chosen are a middling threat to operators of New Eden. The strike teams, while can number up to 50 or so, can be dealt with relatively easily by a squad, and the Invasions simply aren't all that much of a challenge thanks to the swarm of players they summon.

So what I'm thinking is something like this:

If players are able to keep the Chosen from holding POI or towers for a long enough time, like, say, 12 hours, the shard suddenly faces a rush of Chosen attacks, striking 7 or 8 locations at once,…

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turning excess XP into research points

What do you guys think about turning excess XP into research points? After maxing a frame, one can still progress by unlocking T4 research, and when army tech is introduced, one can use their research points to unlock that.

On the forums as well: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/turning-excess-xp-into-research-points.3344921/

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase squad size

Make new type of squad.

Normal squad leavi it as it is up to 5 people.

Army squad: From 6 to 9 (number may change) people.
    To make "Army squad" you need to be in army and people in your squad MUST be from your army(since army cap is now 100 people). Also SQUAD leader MUST have specific rank in Army. And he needs to have additional "item" to make this squad (something like Squad Radio, which would be craftable for 15k Crystite and/or resources).

Army Squad should be able to use (for example) BIGGER thumper (Squad Thumper IV).

Possibility…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Squad System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to recall/desummon Bastion Deployables

I want to suggest the ability to recall deployables. The reason for this is due to the new decay affecting multiple weapon / armor and abilities.

Any other frame if they do not want to engage in combat they can run away or glider / LGV. Now as an Engineer ( Bastion ) once you place a Heavy Turret or Multi Turret, in fact this is for anything like supply station, sentinel pods or even charged pulse generators.
    It will stay in combat until it is destroyed or you die or you log out.

Now you say well what is…

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Engineer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Player to Player Trading

With the game currently only having a marketplace to post items up for sale I feel is a massively crippling aspect in Armies or smaller teams. Especially with loot being FFA and some people grabbing items on accident then having almost no way to give that item to a friend or teammate is incredibly frustrating. Especially trading crafting materials or crystite not on a personal basis is a crippling aspect of Firefall teamplay.

Basically please add in a player to player trading system preferably integrated into the social wheel.

ALERT RANTING INCOMING
    An easily accessible marketplace is all well and…

2,187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    82 comments  ·  Marketplace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fixing speed runs

Currently , not only are instances speed Ran the Ares to.

Most of the time players run through Ares And instances, leaving all the enemies untouched.

Because it's just not worth Killing them they don't give XP,And they don't really drop loot.

But as things are currently anyone who wants to actually fight and enjoy the game Are torn between efficiency And the desire to Actually fight the enemy like they're supposed to.

The devs have tried a few ways to fix this, which have turned out to be mostly Broken themselves and taking away from the game instead of…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Mad Max" achievement & title for maxing out all frames

Upon reaching 30/30 with all available frames, player should receive unique title and achievement. "Mad Max" title was picked based on forum's "Mad Max Club" consisting of numerous maxed players. http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/the-mad-max-club-maxed-to-the-max.3046321

When new frames are introduced there should be sliding window of 21-31 days during which player retains title (achievement can remain indefinitely), giving him enough time to max out new frames for uninterrupted usage of the title.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Long range snipers should get reward for mission/event completion

Currently, sniping baddies in missions/watchtowers from long range results in no reward for event completion. Between this and the loss of loot drops from the range, sniping seems to be an unsupported playstyle.
    Whatever the fix is, whether tracking kills/damage done to enemies in the event area or whatever, something needs to be done.

2,182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  108 comments  ·  Missions & Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Craft and trade components instead of finished products

This idea is a major change to item creation and professions.

The goal is to simultaneously realize the goal of customizable gear, a vibrant economy, and professions that matter.

Currently any particular equippable has 4 'tech' levels, and each has multiple components. Each component has a quality ranging from 0-1000.

Even if we simplify quality into 5 levels we end up with 25 variations for just 'Tech I' equipment.
    A single Tech IV Assault Rifle would have thousands of different variations.
    A market of premade goods cannot provide this level of customization.

Because the 'profession' system requires players to rely…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Crafting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. more missions on busy servers

Make the amount of missions and spawn time of missions increase depending on how many players are on the server and how quickly they are getting completed.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Missions & Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Belly of the Beast.

I've been looking at the wreckage of the Arclight wishing there was something going on out there and then it came to me, randomized instance.

The concept is a series of halls, rooms, vertical spaces and such that can be randomly combined together to create a group instance where the goals, threats and map are never the same.

Threat - Bandits / Aranah / Chosen / Melded Creepy Crawlies / Environmental

Goal - Prevent Theft / Prevent Destruction / Salvage Tech / Bug Hunt

Hazards - Hazardous Materials (things that go boom!) / Gauntlets (hack the hatch while fending off…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Missions & Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Divide cost of perks by five. Instead of 5/10/25/40, have 1/2/5/8, with the max number being reduced similarly.

The current perk costs seem to be set purely to look big and impressive, rather than being practical and informative.

I would think that, for a new player, having 1 cost starter perks would instantly make them think "Oh, there must be higher cost ones, which will be even better!" Without the need of even looking ahead in the battleframe progression to find out the scale they are dealing with. Starting out with perk costs of "5" gives no point of reference for the new player. Does this mean there will be lower and higher cost perks?

Personally, I would…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make weapons limited to classes and not just individual frames.

As it is right now, a dreadnaught frame like rhino can only use the laser minigun, but why not have it so frames be able to freely access whatever type of gun so long as its for the class, in which case, why not have the dreadnaught access all versions of the miniguns instead of being limited to only one? It wouldn't be game breaking, but it would offer more personal choice to a favorite frame someone mains. Consider the engineer being able to choose whether it wants to have greater offensive capability or to be able to repair its…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Weapons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Skates.

Pressing shift puts you in skate mode(when they are equipped.)
    Going downhill gives you momentum.
    Going uphill slows you a bit.
    Pressing space while in skate mode lets you boost forward, and rise off the ground bit.
    The skates are hover boots.
    you glide, but have still have mostly good turning.

It could either be a alternative for servos.
    OR a vehicle.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Vehicles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Beta Crystite

Since we all have the Beta Crystite why not put it to good use? It could be used for purchasing certain upgrades for our weapons and/or Battleframe parts. As to what upgrades would we need for the weapons for later on in the game as development goes further I have NO idea. But for example since we will eventually have heavily armored based enemies I assume why not make Piercing Ammo and what not? Simply ideas that I thought of so I will expect a Recon to shoot them out of the sky XD

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gliders + Jetpacks = Flight

we all love using our jetpacks, and we all love our gliders. but, what i dont get is, why cant we put them together and be able to fly (tempererally). to use them you need, a special glider. then, while in flight, just press and hold space. by doing that, you glide a little bit faster and you'll be able to fly upwards without stalling. BUT BE WARNED! your jetpack energy levels will slowly decrease and it does not recharge while in flight. though the levels can run out, they do not decrease as fast as jetpacks due to the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gliders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open a way to -1558,-1565

There is a fully inexplored zone at these coordinates. If you want R5, please open a way trough the melding to make everyone able to get there. I am sure that area is waiting to be discovered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Open World  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 243 244
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base