I think you should... (one suggestion per idea)

Make finding your squad members easier

Currently you can only see Icons of your squad members and only if they are somewhat nearby. other than that you have no idea where they are. Make it so they show up at least on the mini map or on your screen and perhaps place their names and distance. also the colors between your squad members and other players in the game is pretty similar. making it even harder to tell if your with your squad. For example if I'm playing my Biotech heal spec and I need to heal a player the only way I can figure out who I need to heal is to see what class icon they are and find them running around. and if theres more than 1 of that class in the squad I have to run up to each one till I can actually see the names and health bar.

244 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Canad420Canad420 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
klaxceklaxce shared a merged idea: Make it easier to locate your squad mates  ·   · 
IpROph3tIpROph3t shared a merged idea: See your squad  ·   · 
BleederfoeBleederfoe shared a merged idea: Squad Team Locations  ·   · 
jebvjebv shared a merged idea: Squad Member on Map  ·   · 
VRaptVRapt shared a merged idea: Make it easier to keep track of squaddies.  ·   · 
DroolyDrooly shared a merged idea: Change the squad UI so you can more easily find your squad.  ·   · 
implemented  ·  schinderschinder responded  · 

Squad members are seen on the mini- and world map.

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LizardmandyLizardmandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see squad mates identified by numbers 1-5, rather than their class symbols - or permanently display their names along with the symbols.

Right now it's frustrating if we have more than one of the same base class in a party, right now all of my friends are trying out arsenal, and I'd really like to be able to tell which little green shield is the one who just said "follow me!" over voice chat.

• ValcuryValcury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buddy, when was the last time you got your eyes checked?
    When your squad member leaves the area of your radar (mini-map) then it will Still have his Class' icon on the edge of it, indicating which direction he / she went and in which direction you need to travel to eventually find him / her.
    Squad members are marked in green so i think you'll be able to find their Class icon on the edge of your radar if you just look.

• PopinFRESHPopinFRESH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is already like this on both the mini-map and screen edge, however it is only the battle frame type icon. So you have no idea who is where. It should show their names and distance from you as well.

I also forgot, There should be an icon next to squad members names to indicate if they are in another instance or not. This would help when inviting people from your friends list if they are in your game instance. This would also be useful if they add "dungeon-like" instances for quests and objectives. It would show you that they are in an instanced event, and would leave a way point on the entrance to the instance.

I somewhat agree. The color of the squad icons should be tied to the color you set for your squad chat. This way it is customizable and linked in your brain that X color = squad. Squad members should show up like way points around the edge of the screen depending on their direction from your view. This should also work on the rim of the mini-map if they are outside the range of the mini-map.

I also like the idea that mapping functions should suffer from "interference" from the melding, or signal degradation the farther away from a SIN uplink you and/or your squad mates are. This would add to the meta-game a real benefit to defending SIN Up links. Regardless of where the players are, they should show up as a "last known location" if they are out side of the SIN network. The game obviously knows where the players are, it should just apply an interference effect, such as the players icon bouncing around the general area, when they have a weak signal.

The size of squad members icons should be slightly larger than other icons on the map so they stand out ( I would also like this for active objectives ). I also like the idea of showing the distance to a squad member when they are out of visual range. This should work just like the way point icons around the edge of the screen.

• starwarsfan2296starwarsfan2296 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

actually it is supposed to be impossible to find other people or anything if you are outside the SIN network (which they still need to add) but you are right when in the SIN network they need to make the icons more noticable.

• Nicksy129rNicksy129r commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finding other Squad-mates...
    Alwasy an issue. My friends will join my squad and after they have connected to my server, it's then a quest to find them.
    I usually try Copacabana, but the class icons and colors can be confusing and trying to find someone/something in particular can be awkward.
    So try this: A option in the menu or map maybe which allows you to search for particular items/people. I want an engineer to help my squad. Search 'Engineer' and it highlights all engineers either in my area on the Map or blocks almost everything else on my HUD. Putting it in the menu would stop bad things happening by accident, and seeing as you wouldn't be in a rush to find someone fast (unless they were your friend who was dying far away by Chosen) then you could take your time. I want to find the nearest 'Battleframe Station' cus I hate Assault! When searching "Battleframe Station" it would show me the closest in meters and ect.
    Different colors and icons for squad members would be very nice, and if you wanted to put a more fancy and personal touch, you could have an Icon for 'You' which you could either make yourself or it could be a Tattoo in Character creation or something else creative, but something must be done about the 'Where the hell are you' situation. Short and Sweet Red5

• RigultruRigultru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even having some interface options for this, to be able to customize what the squad icons look like or colours even..some people can spot different colours easier.

• iWordiWord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be something that helps you identify your party members easier, I also think that maybe on your heads up display when seeing a team icon out in the distance it shows how many meters away they are.

• droknerdrokner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add, make the icon over there head increase by 200% and change the color from that green to maybe a yellow or something brighter. Also putting a directional arrow (similar to when objectives are behind you) on your screen so you know where they are (does this for squad waypoints at present).

• TemanielTemaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would love to see obvious icons and colors for maps and minimaps to find my squadmates. I don't know about army color distinction, but please do keep it bright.

• NeruellNeruell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weird, everyone tells me about that "bug" but never had it myself. When I invite someone or get into a squad I always can see where they are no matter how far they are. Never had a problem with that.

• Naz The EternalNaz The Eternal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe increase the size of icons based on how zoomed out the map is.

The colours are different but can be hard to differentiate between them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base