I think you should... (one suggestion per idea)

whats with the profession changing cost

the fact that i had to reserch an item and then make it was all good but now after the patch i have to pay 5000 crystite just to change profession, then to research my item and then make it. this was ok but after i then discovered that the price for profession change was increased 25,000 crystite i was shocked and left with anger with the game. please take this out, or at least make it 5000 crystite not 25,000

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ultrasubs16ultrasubs16 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mainmanmainman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well fewer and fewer players are in game , Only 4-6 servers with 30-50 ppl on each. So seems R5 is achieving its goal.

Ruining the game.

• FuBi0FuBi0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea, I'm out. I preferred a mixed frame build and when I logged in, all my gear was "unusable" after patch. I tried to craft some of it but low and behold I ran out of crystite changing professions since I needed multiple branches to recreate my build. I had fun while it lasted. =D Bye R5!

• LouLouserLouLouser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sorry for double post but i can't ee to paydit. the worst thing is the fact you have to pay 25k crist is only for new player and not the olders one .. and that's so fuckin unfair lol

• ghost shooterghost shooter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

really is a wrong road this or R5 have plains to remove craft of the game and this is only the start for this

• katzumotokatzumoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my mind, it's too cheap!
    They must begin with 1.000.000 Crystites to change crafting.
    Perhaps, they don't want we continue to play?
    I believe it will work!
    Bye (:/

• BBYiffoBBYiffo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current crafting professions drove away my solo playing friends from this game. It would be nice if you only need to change professions for research only instead of having to change to make every part you need to gear yourself back up.

I would rather there be a penalty for building things you already researched in another profession then to lock everyone out until they switch back. Like make the crafting time about 3x the normal time to create if I'm not in that profession instead. It would be nice if there was a true benefit to being in a specific profession! Reduce the craft time by 1/3 or 1/2 maybe for the selected profession?

Either way it's best to create a system that doesn't kill a person's solo playing. I understand this change was for an economy boost. I just think the penalty would be better with manufacturing time instead of just fully locking out.

• OnlineGamingOnlineGaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that R5 has their hearts set on professions and this is their first kick at the can so to speak. I am grandfathered in and if I was not, I likely would not be playing the game any more.

I really do not believe the cost of changing professions is the real factor here and as other professions are introduced it will likely become more apparent that the current three professions are way too unbalanced compared with what is to come.

What is important moving forward is to ensure R5 focuses on profession balance to a point such that they recognize that allowing or preventing the research and crafting of core components of the game is not how professions should be implemented.

I hope R5 starts to recognize as they look at ways to introduce other professions is that professions are for AUGMENTING and potentially modifying core abilities with crafted OPTIONAL components and / or OPTIONAL FRAME PRESENCE IN A PARTY. I also hope that they keep a balance between the professions by ensuring there is equal potency of optional components and abilities shared across the various professions. I do assume as R5 further introduces more professions that the current system will migrate to one that allows for everyone to once again build their own frames and then potentially add on optional components from either their own profession or someone else's which was purchased from the marketplace.

I do see the current profession structure as the biggest blunder for R5 in this game since I started playing. However I also realize that this is an expansion to the game that needs to be tweaked until they get it right. I hope they have the foresight to recognize the blunder and make appropriate adjustments in future releases.

Based on my playing experience, I do NOT have a problem with the costs of switching professions (assuming I am NOT required to do so to craft core frame components). If I were a new player without grandfather, I would have an issue since the marketplace currently forces me to change professions to obtain my gear.

• Lord_ShikuLord_Shiku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

5000 is still WAAAY to high. if it cost that much then let me build anything ive already researched. what my character just suddenly forgets how to make it when they change professions? I will not spend a cent in this game until this is changed!

• ragingqueenragingqueen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ANI7CHKA, @xxx0V3RKILLxxx: If you had researched something in each of the professions to lvl4 prior to the profession patch you were given the ability to research/craft anything in that profession. (my bastion saved me, multi turrets IV, engineer plating IV, tesla rifle IV)

I posted this elsewhere also.

It should have a permanent buy-in to the other professions, so pay one large amount (not necessarily CY, maybe Merit Points, or Melded CY, possibly research points?) then you may research/craft in more than one profession.

• AsolarAsolar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now tried this on the test server, and its the worths system ever. Take away the profession system its blocking our use of crafting/research.

Or atleast changes it so we can craft/research everything all the time, but we get a bonus in the profession we are in.

• D3STD3ST commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No not even the 5000 CY. it should just be compleatly free to change reserch profession!!

this is so stupid, this and the item durability, is seriously killing this game for me..

• RugerSR9cRugerSR9c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really ticked me off too. Hey, R5 no more red bean buyin from me til this is GONE!

• ANI7CHKAANI7CHKA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play FF every day with my dad and we have a blast. But, I started noticing this thing about profession on my account and I don't like it. My dad doesn't have it, cause I think he is a grandfather or something in here....playing for a long time? ANyway, I want this game how it was before. This is horrible. I can't keep up running with him cause now everything broke on my frame and I am using stock servos and what not. He has a motorcycle and he doesn't use it cause he wants to play with me. Now I feel bad that he also has to slow down and run slow so I can keep up. what kind of bs is this? come on guys make the game for fun. FUN!

• SpringfieldXD45SpringfieldXD45 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is horrible!! I feel your pain as I to was so mad about having to drop all that crystite. The marketplace sucks because they don't always sell what you need and then I go without and no matter how much time I spend in the game im still back to stock equipment! This makes me not want to spend real money on this game and I wont anymore with this in place.

• M3GAD3THM3GAD3TH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please remove having to change profession every time you have to build or research anything. I liked it how it was before this patch. This is horrible and I wont play the game this way. As long as I have the resources and crystite to build my things nothing else should matter.

• xxx0V3RKILLxxxxxx0V3RKILLxxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this was a dumb Idea. I do not have to do this for some od reason. But all my friends do have to change profession every time they are going to build anything or research anything. They all left the game for good. This is going to kill the game and only the people that are going to stay are the people that are not having this problem, like me. Cause we maybe been here longer or something. Someone remove this. This is not good. people should be able to build or research anything when ever they want as long as they have the requirements.

• LandoKageLandoKage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I understand the desire to drive trade in the marketplace, I think limiting players to one profession at a time and scaling the fee for changing takes away from the core crafting game feature - the ability to tune the characteristics of the weapons armor and abilities available as you unlock the higher tiers of research.

While the market is viable for basic item variants it will ultimately be lacking for those players who really enjoy being able to fine tune their loadouts.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base