I think you should... (one suggestion per idea)

Make the Chosen a real threat

As things stand now, the Chosen are a middling threat to operators of New Eden. The strike teams, while can number up to 50 or so, can be dealt with relatively easily by a squad, and the Invasions simply aren't all that much of a challenge thanks to the swarm of players they summon.

So what I'm thinking is something like this:

If players are able to keep the Chosen from holding POI or towers for a long enough time, like, say, 12 hours, the shard suddenly faces a rush of Chosen attacks, striking 7 or 8 locations at once, with little to no break between waves. While this is going on, the Chosen mount invasions against TD and SH at the same time, forcing players to split to defend both locations or lose them. The idea is to make the Chosen an absolutely overwhelming force for shards that are overpopulated with players.
I'm thinking that about an hour after all this starts, the shard would be reduced to just Copa and TH as the last remaining safe zones in New Eden, and players would have to work in squads to both defend Trans Hub from waves of Chosen attacks, and reclaim POI, towers, and cities under Chosen control. It'd be a great incentive for players to go on a Chosen Hunting spree, instead of just thumping the day away. Plus, it give the feeling that there's a war actually going on that the Accord faces the real possibility of losing, rather than the current feeling of them being to lazy to wipe out the Chosen.

I think such a system would revitalize New Eden interests, and bring back a taste of the closed beta days where you could log onto a shard to find the entire map solid red.

166 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RC-5108RC-5108 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • demongerdemonger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea but how about instead of 7 or 8 attacks at once why dont they increase the difficulty of a single chosen attack such as have more drop pods+ spawns through out the area that the chosen has attacked and create a wall on the map that is red and have it slowly grow into other areas of the map and flood in like the melding. and have the chosen drop pods drop randonly inthe areas that are covered in the red as well and have chosen hit squads try to kill the players within the red zone.

• radekplugradekplug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how want blance this chosen if they even overwlem coral forest then choessen have 25 level max.
    Player with 40 level farme fited with purpule items with easy hand decimeted all choesen in one location solo.

• VablaVabla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh! I just made a similar thread in PVE Discussion (didn't actually see the Feedback section, silly me). I completely agree. And ramp up the difficulty of all chosen events AND penalties for failing them. Right now the chosen are exp balls rather than threat to humanity.

• naps1sapsnaps1saps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking of a mobile drop ship that spawns pods of chosen like a titan in bf2142. It travels from one end of the map to the other. We have still yet to see some of the big things that are planned for this game like large enemy creatures and such. They put in the large gun turrets but what are they for? probably something that hasn't been made yet. ^_^

• OziriusOzirius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, every player in game should feel that there is ongoing war against chosen, and humanity is at the edge of extinction and without active counterattack we are lost

• PhantomShadowPhantomShadow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree there should be a ratio of players to chosen in a given area instead of random spwning from drop-pods

• BBQ420BBQ420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Number three should read Attackers, not Defenders. Sorry for the error lol.

• BBQ420BBQ420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a few simple changes to watchtower retakes could mean the difference.

1. Keep the Strifebringer indestrucible untill AFTER the tower is retaken.
    2. More Simultaneous Drop Pod Assaults during the Retake.
    3. If Defenders are repelled, excess Chosen Forces move towards the next one.
    4. Always flag one player attacking a tower as a Death-Squad target.
    5. Multiple spawn points for Strifebringer deployed troops inside the tower. This would reduce the Fish-In-Barrel syndrome we face now.

• WolfwaysWolfways commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see more/bigger Chosen attacks.
    I've only been playing a little while and at first the game seemed great, but i'm already bored. I can run around NE looking for a place where there aren't already three thumpers getting the same resource, or rush toward Ares missions usually to get there as players are leaving having completed the mission, or defend places against Chosen attacks which feel rare and are over too quick.
    At least if i head towards a tornado i've got a fair chance of getting there while it's still active.
    (Note: Not even having a slower than normal vehicle really sucks.)

• bedaŭri nenionbedaŭri nenion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10 votes for this (if i could). This is the main reason why I jump over to PTS so much. More Chosen, make it more of a challenge. R5, you're working on this...Right?

• jacelethecusjacelethecus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see chosen activity based on hourly polling of the zone's player population. If the zone's player population is high the Chosen activity should be increased to match it. As it is now its feels like 10 people are playing the same wack-a-mole game. Its a crazy dash to get a kill in before the Chosen squad is completely destroyed within a minute. As it stands now the game on the open map feels like we won the war and the Chosen are just trickling in every so often.. sometimes it is 40 minutes between the Chosen returning to an area once they get slapped on the hands. Early closed beta it really felt like a war.. and it was a struggle to keep the map in Accord Control.. Now we camp out on towers debating the merits of running off to an Ares Mission since they are almost completed by the time you arrive.. or looking for that Tornado since they stick around long enough to get into the action.

• MrPhixitMrPhixit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since New Eden is now a starter Zone, This should give noobs an opportunity to participate in big Events more.

Have a vote!!!

• (A.S.S) Prettyugly(A.S.S) Prettyugly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Based on the basic story structure of this game, We are at War.
    I'd like to see the chosen behave more along those lines.

I was truly disappointed to see the watchtower takeback shooting-fish-in-a-barrel as soon as they spawn mechanic.
    That is not fun, nor is it a challenge.

• VartannisVartannis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything that makes them areal threat is welcome. I wait for an attack, respond and am lucky if there are any chosen left to kill by the time i arrive, even from a glider on a watch tower a zone away. No chance of us losing in the three weeks i have been playing. Not once.

• SteelPeregrineSteelPeregrine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! This would be awesome. My friends and I (3 of us) ended up and 3/4 of the players left on a shard before it went down for maintenance, which didn't happen for several hours for some reason, we had endless fun trying to fend off the chosen as the whole thing turned red. As it compliments the OP, I'll add other ideas for amping the chosen threat:

1. Have chosen attacks scale in frequency and size based upon the number of players on a shard.

2. Give their engineers turrets and other deployables, as is there is a seriously useless talent in the game and this would make the chosen a deadly threat if they had their own bastions and whatnot.

3. Invasions themselves need to be harder too, the incursions are harder than they are now, each one of the warbringers in an invasion should be like an incursion INSIDE the invasion, with constant drop pods and flooding baddies.

• RC-5108RC-5108 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, this isn't categorized as anything because for some reason, the category box popped up as blank for me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base