I think you should... (one suggestion per idea)

Make the Chosen a real threat

As things stand now, the Chosen are a middling threat to operators of New Eden. The strike teams, while can number up to 50 or so, can be dealt with relatively easily by a squad, and the Invasions simply aren't all that much of a challenge thanks to the swarm of players they summon.

So what I'm thinking is something like this:

If players are able to keep the Chosen from holding POI or towers for a long enough time, like, say, 12 hours, the shard suddenly faces a rush of Chosen attacks, striking 7 or 8 locations at once, with little to no break between waves. While this is going on, the Chosen mount invasions against TD and SH at the same time, forcing players to split to defend both locations or lose them. The idea is to make the Chosen an absolutely overwhelming force for shards that are overpopulated with players.
I'm thinking that about an hour after all this starts, the shard would be reduced to just Copa and TH as the last remaining safe zones in New Eden, and players would have to work in squads to both defend Trans Hub from waves of Chosen attacks, and reclaim POI, towers, and cities under Chosen control. It'd be a great incentive for players to go on a Chosen Hunting spree, instead of just thumping the day away. Plus, it give the feeling that there's a war actually going on that the Accord faces the real possibility of losing, rather than the current feeling of them being to lazy to wipe out the Chosen.

I think such a system would revitalize New Eden interests, and bring back a taste of the closed beta days where you could log onto a shard to find the entire map solid red.

570 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
InameIname shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DrExplorerMPDrExplorerMP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree the watch towers should be much easier for the chosen to HOLD, with a real negative effect area of the towers, no areas missions, tower visual area is removed from everyone's while it's contested.
    kind of like the OCT event but for each of the towers... and reactivate the "ZONE CONTROL BONUSES" requiring a large % of the instance players are required to retake the tower...

• spator6089spator6089 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i remember when the chosen was always attacking cities in the beta and holding outposts. I always went in with my big chaingun as my rhino or dreadnaught in closed beta and wrecked the chosen so i like this idea.

• TakoitaTakoita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think the head count of each enemy cluster needs to be increased much more (fps drops are a thing), the enemy striking more points simultaneously and with greater number of waves is what I'd like to see.

Maybe introduce some more heavily armored units like enemy armor or walkers or something - would increase difficulty of a wave without adding 50 more dudes to it. Besides, on those times I've participated in satellite uplink defence, Elite Juggernaut duos died like chumps to all the concentrated firepower.

• OatmealEFNOatmealEFN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much this, but rather than just a lot of chosen (a level 40 and splash damage makes this a non-issue). Quite a few really large tanks or alien beasts of burden that could actually take a walled city. Something to make it feel like they're actually trying rather than just sending 20 guys at a time into a meat grinder. This would actually encourage teamwork more as well.

• UryuuMineeUryuuMinee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

However I would like to see chosen taking a more active role in being the antagonists... 1 vote

• UryuuMineeUryuuMinee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know how this will work because each zone (like copa) has level caps 1-8, 10-13, 20-24 etc

• SarcinaSarcina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

giving 3 vote for this cuz i remember that day in beta when i logged in and like 50 to 75 % of the map was taken byt he chosen :D those were the good days lol

• PaterFrogPaterFrog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, I had similar ideas. I posted a thread about making the War a war again myself.
    I'll give you a vote as well, I hope that'll promote the issue a bit. :)

• VarajoVarajo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actual as never. Coral forest looks more like artificial safari for rich clients, who wants feel 'danger', then real war theatre, when humanity fights for its survival. 3 votes up!

• demongerdemonger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea but how about instead of 7 or 8 attacks at once why dont they increase the difficulty of a single chosen attack such as have more drop pods+ spawns through out the area that the chosen has attacked and create a wall on the map that is red and have it slowly grow into other areas of the map and flood in like the melding. and have the chosen drop pods drop randonly inthe areas that are covered in the red as well and have chosen hit squads try to kill the players within the red zone.

• radekplugradekplug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how want blance this chosen if they even overwlem coral forest then choessen have 25 level max.
    Player with 40 level farme fited with purpule items with easy hand decimeted all choesen in one location solo.

• VablaVabla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh! I just made a similar thread in PVE Discussion (didn't actually see the Feedback section, silly me). I completely agree. And ramp up the difficulty of all chosen events AND penalties for failing them. Right now the chosen are exp balls rather than threat to humanity.

• naps1sapsnaps1saps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking of a mobile drop ship that spawns pods of chosen like a titan in bf2142. It travels from one end of the map to the other. We have still yet to see some of the big things that are planned for this game like large enemy creatures and such. They put in the large gun turrets but what are they for? probably something that hasn't been made yet. ^_^

• OziriusOzirius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, every player in game should feel that there is ongoing war against chosen, and humanity is at the edge of extinction and without active counterattack we are lost

• PhantomShadowPhantomShadow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree there should be a ratio of players to chosen in a given area instead of random spwning from drop-pods

• FeldonAndHisFirecatFeldonAndHisFirecat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a few simple changes to watchtower retakes could mean the difference.

1. Keep the Strifebringer indestrucible untill AFTER the tower is retaken.
    2. More Simultaneous Drop Pod Assaults during the Retake.
    3. If Defenders are repelled, excess Chosen Forces move towards the next one.
    4. Always flag one player attacking a tower as a Death-Squad target.
    5. Multiple spawn points for Strifebringer deployed troops inside the tower. This would reduce the Fish-In-Barrel syndrome we face now.

• WolfwaysWolfways commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see more/bigger Chosen attacks.
    I've only been playing a little while and at first the game seemed great, but i'm already bored. I can run around NE looking for a place where there aren't already three thumpers getting the same resource, or rush toward Ares missions usually to get there as players are leaving having completed the mission, or defend places against Chosen attacks which feel rare and are over too quick.
    At least if i head towards a tornado i've got a fair chance of getting there while it's still active.
    (Note: Not even having a slower than normal vehicle really sucks.)

• bedaŭri nenionbedaŭri nenion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10 votes for this (if i could). This is the main reason why I jump over to PTS so much. More Chosen, make it more of a challenge. R5, you're working on this...Right?

• jacelethecusjacelethecus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see chosen activity based on hourly polling of the zone's player population. If the zone's player population is high the Chosen activity should be increased to match it. As it is now its feels like 10 people are playing the same wack-a-mole game. Its a crazy dash to get a kill in before the Chosen squad is completely destroyed within a minute. As it stands now the game on the open map feels like we won the war and the Chosen are just trickling in every so often.. sometimes it is 40 minutes between the Chosen returning to an area once they get slapped on the hands. Early closed beta it really felt like a war.. and it was a struggle to keep the map in Accord Control.. Now we camp out on towers debating the merits of running off to an Ares Mission since they are almost completed by the time you arrive.. or looking for that Tornado since they stick around long enough to get into the action.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base