I think you should... (one suggestion per idea)

Turning excess XP into research points

What do you guys think about turning excess XP into research points? After maxing a frame, one can still progress by unlocking T4 research, and when army tech is introduced, one can use their research points to unlock that.

On the forums as well: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/turning-excess-xp-into-research-points.3344921/

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
a vehiclea vehicle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ChristOneJazzChristOneJazz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been hearin this idea goin around alot. This is a REALLY good idea! KnucklesDS makes a good point about the redundancy. But, what would the conversion be? 2/1? 3/1? Imo 2/1 sounds fair. If people are gonna work their Biscuit off to get that much XP, I think they deserve a decent investment conversion. I've given up on Researching, as my printer won't let me research anything other than General stuff. I'm clueless ^^;; This is a thumbs up and a brohoof in my book! /)*

• PrecedencePrecedence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice, since RP is rather difficult to gain, and you don't really need it until your frame is maxed.

• ragingqueenragingqueen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 7,000,000 XP with my maxed Bastion, given enough CY I could then research anything, combine that with 2,000,000 XP on my maxed Recluse this would just get out of hand. There would have to be a very steep conversion rate or some kind of CY cost.

• KnucklesDSKnucklesDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMO you should not have to pay cy to research something if you have a research point system. It's redundant and costs too much in some cases it's more cost effective to buy something off the market than to spend the cy and printer slot to research a plan (thumpers).

I'm fine with paying cy to craft the item at the price it is now but why have a cy value in research? Increase the research points to research the plan if need be.

Feedback and Knowledge Base