I think you should... (one suggestion per idea)

Professions should give you more bonus, less restrictions.

At the moment, players are penalized by the profession system, and it has done nothing good to the economy either.

I suggest a system that have a just small restriction, and better incentive to specialize.

*Everyone has acess to all recipes;

*You can only use special optional components (like Fire Gland) in your own profession items. (Stabilization and Reinforcements not included)

*Research in your profession tree cost 30% less;

*Crafting time in your profession items take 30% less time.

*Crafting prices in your profession items cost 30% less crystite.

279 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RofyRofy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I put this here because I do not know how to start a new need your help please I hope understand me. I really need your support in this and considering the idea I do not believe we have any problems. My only request is that we can delete recipes created from molecular. at least deserve a chance to learn from the mistakes we similarly sacrifice necessary to get the recipe CY and RP

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The profession restrictions need to be removed... I can't build anything/research anything for my new frames. I want my new abilities, but can't research or build them.... pretty crappy state right now... Please remove it.. thanks.

• VablaVabla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's pretty much how I'd do professions. You're specializing in making something so obviously you can make it faster and cheaper, not 10 times better. Hell, make items in your profession cost only half the crystite and finish twice as fast then adjust recipes as needed for balance.

Could do with an extra printer slot that can only be used for your profession items.

One thing I don't like is restricting the use of optional components as that still locks players out of certain recipes.

• QowfaceQowface commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the same sort of idea I had in mind. Reduced time/costs for research/crafting within your profession, but still allowing access to everything. It is a fair point that reduced time would devalue using Red Beans for instant completion, though.

I do kinda like the idea Tuti250 mentioned with reducing the max efficient quality for items outside your profession (100, 200, 400, 800 for tiers 1-4, respectively). Though really, you could leave T1-T3 alone, and just cap T4 at 750 or 800. That's a fair limit for high-end gear outside your profession, in my opinion.

• ChristOneJazzChristOneJazz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The crafting time is the only thing that would hurt r5. I've used a Bean on a Finish Now ONCE. I've also been playing since closed Beta. The optional components being specific to your "spec" is a VERY good balancing idea. 2 Votes from me.

• Ivan MalikIvan Malik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is the issue with what the OP proposed: Crafting time in your profession items take 30% less time. If this is done then the concept of red beans for instant completion is devalued considerably. Not only that, but the single system that red beans shine at is being devalued. Having the ability to auto complete that item because you want it, or need it, right now is an extremely valuable thing for monetization. I would argue that without it Firefall would be in serious financial trouble. It is the true genius behind Red5's micro transaction model. The thing is staring you in the face, tempting you to just have it. It is so easy just click here, don't even think about it. Do it a few dozen times and those red beans are all of a sudden all used up. When you want that shiny do-dad a week later, boom you drop in for some more red beans.This is how money is made in F2P. What the OP has proposed would cut that system by 30%. No developer should even consider doing it. It goes completely against the purpose of the auto complete system.

As for a solution, there is a simple one, don't grandfather vets. We can have only one tree unlocked at a time. Make people depend on the market. Force us through the uncertainty by making us rely on others. This will open up the market. Will it happen in a day week or even a month? No. That is to be expected though, because this is economics and this about developing trust: quick to lose, slow to gain.

• a vehiclea vehicle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Raise the cost of everything, and if you're specialized in X profession, lower the cost back down to what it currently is. Accomplishes the same thing, but it feels like a bonus.

• Radec_Radec_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, i would change profession into specialization,

you have access to everything etc etc (you need to research of course)

-you can specialize in one thing like you do now with professions
    what ever you specialize in takes less time to produce and would be better then that of someone who was not specialized
    + what the OP said
    this way new players are on an even playing field to the vets and no one has an advantage

this way you get the economy rolling and you cannot just do everything.

• Tuti250Tuti250 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have made a fortune selling only T3 Q500 Recon and Nighthawk Abilities.With this money, I can buy the other equipment I need. If I don't find it on the Market, I can ask in chat if someone can make one and come back the next day.

But I do think the Profession should be a bonus, not a constraint.

- Crafting Cy cost decreased
    - Crafting time reduced
    - Bonus Durability
    - Bonus Research Points upon claim
    - free Market slots for professions items

Allow crafting of other Profession items with maximum Quality 100/200/400/800.

• ToothfairyToothfairy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*Everyone has acess to all recipes; - aye

*You can only use special optional components (like Fire Gland) in your own profession items. (Stabilization and Reinforcements not included) - neh

*Research in your profession tree cost 30% less; - aye

*Crafting time in your profession items take 30% less time. - aye

*Crafting prices in your profession items cost 30% less crystite. - aye

More carrots, less sticks...

• ZertwviZertwvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For potential penalties outside of crafting your own profession you could just increase the crafting time.

• KryophyreKryophyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd honestly be fine if there were still penalties(cost increases, longer times, etc.) outside of your profession. The key is to never actually mention that there are penalties to the new players and just let the bonuses take center stage. Let the penalties be the default costs/times/etc., and just let the profession look like a big bonus.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again. Completely locking players out of 2/3 of the crafting system doesn't make anyone happy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base